Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Officially Fall



Wednesday hodgepodge.... hosted by From This Side Of The Pond, click the link, follow her blog and join in the fun!

Here we go with this weeks Q & A


1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?
I spent most of the summer complaining about the heat so I'm not sure what to choose as my favorite memory.  I think it would be the family picnic we went on in August.  My brother came in town from Ottawa and my nephew came in from Kingston (Ontario) so we had a pretty nice time with food.  Even though it rained a bit, we were sheltered under loads and layers of trees so didn't really feel the light rainfall. 


2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?
My favorite are pistachio nuts.  I love those!   Second on the list would be peanuts in the shell. 
 

3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
I'm not too sure... sometimes I'm just so tired I'd have to say walking!  LOL
 

4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
My sense of humor is "twisted" and just down right crazy-silly. 

5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?
I got a runny nose right now, do you think perhaps I'm catching my husband's cold?
 

6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.
I'd enjoy roller skates.  I used to roller skate back in the day... waayy back, like in the early 1980s when it was the hit thing to do.  There was a roller rink near our house and on weekends I went a couple times with some friends from school.  Spent more time on my bum than standing but those were fun times! 
I won't bother with the hula hoop, it's likely to fall to my ankles in one spin and jumping rope was fun when I was a small, thin, flat chested girl.....
 

7. What's your most sentimental possession?
My most sentimental possession is a red velvet christmas stocking that my paternal grandmother made for me when I was 3 years old.  Almost 40 years later and I still hang it!


8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm glad it's fall, this means Thanksgiving is coming up, a long weekend in early October (I'm Canadian remember! We celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October).  After that comes Halloween and a major excuse to buy lots of candy even though I know that no children will stop by.
 
 
 

No comments: