Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Footloose HodgePodge

Today's episode of  Wednesday Hodgepodge is brought to you today by From This Side Of The Pond
Click on the link,
Follow her blog,
Join the fun. 

And here is today's Hodgepodge:

1. Who taught you how to cook?

My mom and my eldest sister taught me how to cook.  Mostly my eldest sister (she learned from mom).  When mom was teacher her how to cook I was more interested in playing with barbies.  When I got older and my sister would be cooking something, I'd loiter around watching and asking questions.  Having said that, I should also say I learned alot from cook books with coloured step by step photos and cooking shows.  I'm not a chef, and still can't cut up a whole chicken without wanting to pass out but I'm getting there.   
2. Have you been told you think too much? Are too much of a perfectionist? Are too sensitive? Were they right?

Yup, I've often been told I think too much.  Usually it's when I'm staring into space with a glazed eye look but am in deep thought on something.  Also been told I'm a perfectionist but only when it comes to my crafts.  Siblings told me I'm too sensitive, usually that occurred after they picked on me *giggles*.  So basically they were right on all accounts.


3. As a child did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.

My favorite toy was Mrs Beasley.  I called her mumz, I think I may have had difficutly saying Mrs Beasley or just plain couldn't remember it, you know, being a little kid with a little attention span.  I loved her.  She disappeared one day when I got older and hadn't noticed... you know mothers are sneaky like that eh!

4. What 'institution' do you have the most faith in?

I have faith in marriage also, especially if God is part of that equation.

5. Chrysanthemums-pansies-burning bush-ornamental cabbage...your favorite in an autumn garden?

My favorite autumn garden is a lawn covered in fallen leaves.  I know, sounds more like a busy Saturday afternoon with a rake but I love how it looks.  Guess I should also mention I live in an apartment so haven't the need to worry about raking the lawn.

6. What superpower do the kids in your neighborhood seem to posses?

Kids in my neighbourhood know how to vandalize bus shelters on the fly!  Blink your eyes and that new shelter the city just erected will be tagged with marker, spray paint and key scrapes.  The only thing I keep telling myself is that hopefully one day these vandals will hold legitimate jobs and eyeball their paystubs at the ridiculous taxes being deducted .... yup, some of it goes to clean up that mess!



7. Are you a fan of the cranberry?

I love dried cranberries.  I bake them into cookies and muffins.  I'm not a fan of cranberry sauce *shivers* I can't say if I ever tasted it though come to think of it, I just get this visual of it slithering out of a can, sitting on a plate, wiggling, and still holding the shape of that can!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I should be asleep now but I'm blogging.... why?  because it's Hodegepodge that's why!  Apparently Hodgepodge is more important than sleep today...  oh my, how that is wrong on so many levels especially since I can barely keep my eyes open.
Good night! 

No comments: