Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies

One thing I love most about Christmas is the baking!  I have reason to bake and to sample. 

I found this recipe on Flickr curtesy of
A Worthy Image and the recipe was also included with the photo (lets give credit where credit is due!). 

I'm always looking for new recipes that are fun and easy, especially cookies!! 

Here's the recipe curtesy of A Worthy Image:

Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
(slightly modified) - from Soy Not Oi
Cookie Dough:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Chatfields)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Earth Balance margarine, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Egg replacer equal to two eggs (I used Ener-G)

Cookie Filling:
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 confectioners sugar

In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; blend well. In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, Earth Balance, and 1/4 cup peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg replacer; beat well. Stir in flour mixture until blended and set aside.
In a small bowl, (preferably a vintage Pyrex mixing bowl - I’m kidding! Just seeing if you’re paying attention) combine filling ingredients and blend well. Roll into 30 one-inch balls.
For each cookie, with floured hands (I didn't do the flour and had no problems), shape about 1 tablespoon cookie dough around one peanut butter ball, covering completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 - 9 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool on wire racks. Makes 30.
Emmy’s Notes: I made larger cookies and baked them for about 10 - 12 minutes.

No comments: