Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's Wednesday again, time for Hodgepodge! 

As per usual, the bag-o-fun known as Wednesday Hodgepodge is brought to you by From This Side Of The Pond.  click the link on the picture above, read more posts, join in and live your life vicariously through others!

Here are the questions for this week's Hodgepodge..
  
1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about
that song that makes you remember?

Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross! Every time I hear this song I remember being back in high school with my first love dancing at the school dance. He said that was our song and what can I say I was young and really unbelievably stupid naive to believe we'd last forever. Come to think of it I should thank him now because if we'd have lasted, I wouldn't be married to Prince Charming now!

2. What's something you've given up on?

I've given up on old resentment. You know, I used to always bring up things from the past and hold on to the anger and frustration of it all and be so full of resentment until one day I just said enough is enough and stopped. I let go of all that negativity and opted to focus my attention on positive things. I just can't waste any more of my life's energy on being filled with hate. Get behind me Satan and stay there!

3. What's something you'll never give up on?

I'll never give up on striving to be a better person...

4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?

Peanut butter cookies. I can cook those quickly, then again they only call for 3 ingredients (peanut butter, sugar and an egg). The question is will I share them when I'm done?... oh um... let me re-read my response to question #3, yup I guess I will share them then eh!

5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?

Last week I shopped to fill six shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child so technically yes I did start Christmas shopping. I haven't decorated anything yet, but I am guilty of listening to Christmas music for the past 3 weeks every now and again on my ipod.

6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?

I know it was a long time ago....that's pretty much it!

7. I can't believe I _____________.

I can't believe I took up jogging this summer! I actually got off my lazy couch potato butt and went out jogging! Had to call it quits with the sun rising later since I went when I got home from work at the crack of dawn but now I've taken up pilates.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

We've made it to the middle of November and still haven't received any snow... very happy about that too I may add. Our temperatures are fairly mild, not much rain but enough to help strip the trees of their leaves but no snow... having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if I just jinxed us which would be bad since I still haven't purchased any winter boots, much to my mom's dismay. Shh... don't tell her.

No comments: