Monday, February 20, 2012

Imaginary Cast

One thing I like most about reading a book (or listening to an audio book) is when the author describes the cast of characters.  I don't know about you but I have a habit of substituting the described character with an actor.  I sort of get this cast of characters poster forming in my head.

Wondering why I chose the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv series, well, it's because I used to love this show back in the ancient of days!  I watched every episode!  EVERY ONE.  I missed a few episodes of the final season so I watched it in rerun until the season finally aired again... major disappointment but anyway, this blog post is supposed to be about books, not tv shows.... moving it along...
As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I had not long ago completed the Steig Larsson series (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, etc.) and knowing that Daniel Craig is set to play the lead male in the film is distressing to me because it just doesn't go with my imagination.

I stumbled onto a blog yesterday, unfortunately when I went to save the location of it I accidentally closed my browser (which is set to delete the history on exit) so I cannot provide a link or name to the individual who had a cute idea... when she reads a book she creates a blog post listing the book title, author, and image, along with the back cover synopses..... she then adds "her cast of characters" using images of actors, politicians, news anchors, etc, to fill in her imaginations deciphering of the written cast.  Cute eh!?  I love that idea.  I've seen some Youtube video trailers for books using such images and it makes me more inclined to read the book. 

No comments: