Thursday, March 22, 2012

Workout Complete.

The problem with the Interval Run app is that it doesn't actually warn you when you are in the last minute or last five minutes of running (unless you are looking at the darn thing).  The audio does tell you when you've reached the middle of the program but that didn't really help me out yesterday morning.

I went for the morning run as per usual, started the app, shoved the ipod in my pocket and off I went.  It's great because as you can see from the screen shot, it tells you when to walk and for how long, and when to run.  It also has audio, that tells you it's time to walk for how long, and then tells you to prepare to run for how long.  A great trainer in my opinion!  However, yesterday morning I was very tired and really REALLY didn't want to get out to run but I talked myself into it (as per the "I Can Make You Thin" hypnosis program I also have on my ipod, I'm a woman obsessed I tell you).  Anyway, I wasn't listening to any music while I ran this morning because it was still dark and I have to be cautious but I had the ipod buds in my ears to hear the prompts from the app.  Away I went, started off walking for 5 minutes, then was prompted to run for a minute, then walk for a minute and a half, and so on and so forth.  Later, it tells me I've reached the half-way point of the workout.  Great, I think to myself, just doing my workout, listening to the songbirds in the trees, and trying to keep my breathing controlled.  Then out of nowhere the app says WORKOUT COMPLETE. 

Huh? 

Already? 

I stop dead in my tracks and yell at the top of my lungs "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!  DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR FROM HOME I AM!! YOU COULDN'T WARN ME A FEW MINUTES AGO THAT WE WERE NEARING THE END!! 

Yup, I yelled really loud at my ipod because I was so tired and also so far from home when the workout ended.  I know it's not the ipods fault, it's my fault for not turning around, or for not just running around the block over and over but I like a change of scenery when I run, it keeps it lively.  But did I mention how tired I was already (had just gotten off work and really wanted to go to bed but instead chose to do the workout).  Well, now I am glad I did do the workout but next time I'll know that once it tells me I've reached the halfway point, to just turn around and start heading back!  duh!   I can't believe I did that!  Anyway, I feel great and am really motivated to continue on...

No comments: