Friday, May 18, 2012

Sail Away

Alright, so let me continue where I left off from the last post...

After leaving the hotel, we walked to the port and stood in line to board the ship.  The embarking went pretty smooth and quick.  We stood in what seemed like a pretty short line that was moving quickly, gave our luggage to the porter, checked in, had our photo taken (which we didn't buy because I didn't need to be reminded of my red face of hives) and eventually we made it aboard the Carnival Victory.

First stop... the Lido deck buffet of course!  LOL

We had a quick lunch and then went out on deck to take some photos of Old San Juan from the ship.  As you can see in that photo, that yellow building is the Sheraton Old San Juan. The white vehicles are tons and tons of white "minivan" taxi cabs.

We took a stroll around the ship, took a joyride in the elevator, made our way to our room, went to the 6th floor and spoke to the room attendant there who was quite helpful and remembered my name and the name of the individual I was enquiring about ;-) because every time later that day when I strolled back down there he smiled at me, called me by name and advised me that the room hadn't been occupied yet.

The ship set sail at 10:00pm that night.  It was cloudy, breezy but hot and everyone was excited.  The usual sailaway party erupted on the Lido/pool deck and off we went.  



Next stop.... St Thomas, USVI 



No comments: