Saturday, July 7, 2012

On Sale Now

I've been searching the internets for new and easy cookie recipes to fill the thirteen containers this year...

Yes, I do know it's July, the middle of the year, summertime, hot, blah blah blah but you know I've got a bunch of kids to bake for this winter so I need to get a move on.

One thing I noticed last year was that the grocery stores put baking items on sale when you really don't need them.  If memory serves me right, last Thanksgiving, when everyone intends to bake something for dinner - the baking ingredients didn't seem to be on sale with that turkey!  How wrong is that!  I remember when it came time for me to bake the fruitcake I couldn't find one of the ingredients no matter how hard I searched, and finally at the last minute by fluke too I may add, I stumbled on the item and was miraculously saved!!!  Sorry I can't post what the missing ingredient is because it's a top secret family recipe.  I've got to bake 6 fruitcakes this year and fill 13 gallon size containers with cookies. 

So while I'm surfing the net now, I'm scouring it for baking coupons!  Hey, with items having an expire date on them, I can buy them on sale early and they sit in my pantry or I can leave them sit on the store shelf and pay twice as much for them when baking season finally arrives. 

No comments: