Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Zombies, Run!

I was reading an article on the internet about some zombie race that folks had organized.  People paid eighty something dollars to run in the race while others were paid twenty something to be a "zombie" that chased the runners along a 5km stretch.  Apparently this whole zombie chase thing came out of the popular zombies run app that costs an arm and a leg a pretty penny in the apple app store.  Now I enjoy running, I'm not fast but I'm not slow either.  Ok so maybe I am slow but that's not the issue here. 

Anyway, I had considered buying that app but one thing keeps preventing me...

MY OVER ACTIVE IMAGINATION.

With my luck I'll be jogging up the road and then the app would announce that I need to run because zombies are coming and I'd hear zombie groans in my ear buds...   Let's make a long story short:  I work night shift, I run in the morning AFTER work so I'm pretty tired.  Throw in a groaning zombie sound effect and chances are I'll start dancing like Michael Jackson in Thriller either run like lightening or I'll stop running and scream loud like a girl....  If I were to enter into one of those zombie races for real, and a person dressed up as a zombie jumped out of the bushes at me, there is a 100% chance that I'd pee my pants.


No comments: