Thursday, August 9, 2012

No Oldy But Goody

Purchasing an ereader was the best decision I ever made. I love to read and I find myself reading even more now that I have one. I do miss the paper feel of a 'real book' and the old-cheese used smell of a library book, remember that scene from Sex and the City where Carrie smells the book and Big calls it an oldy but goodie ...

The two issues I have with the Sony ereader, though it has 2 gb internal memory and can expand an additional 32gb with micro sd cards, and also has mp3 playback through headphone jack, it really isn't something I like playing the audiobooks on.

Initially I purchased this gadget particualrly because it hold ebooks and audio books but I prefer my ipod for the audio books mainly because there are equalizer settings and the volume level can be louder when in a noisy public place.  Also the synopsys of the book is located in the software on the pc that the reader links with but once the book is uploaded to the reader, the synopsys is not there so there's no reading book covers to find out what you feel like reading next... you have to hope that the title and cover art pull you in!

I've been eyeballing the kobo vox, for colour and hopefully better software since I don't use the Sony software to load books on my sony ereader, I prefer Calibre, besides, Calibre can reformat books including the addition of the synopsys but that doesn't get uploaded to the reader (no matter what software is used!) So frustrating!

Anyway, I'm still happy with the Sony ereader, got about 250 ebooks on it now and believe it or not they are NOT all romance!  gasp!!!!!

No comments: