Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hodgepodge Vol.93

It's been a while since I've participated in any blog-hops so no better time than the present to get myself back in the swing of things where smiles, laughter and chuckles are served up with a dose of friendship!

Today is Wednesday, which means HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY, hosted by From this side of the pond ....A series of questions posted on the Hodgepodge blog, answered on your own blog and linked up back over on the Hodgepodge blog to connect with other participants....  click the link, follow her blog, join the fun, share the joy.




Here are the questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol.93

1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games?

I am a big fan of football but the only team I support all the time is the Montreal Allouettes (Canadian Football).  When it comes to the NFL I pick a team each season and throw my support behind them.  The reason I do this is because my husband is an avid Dallas Cowboys fan and he insists it's my fault when they lose a game so I'm "not allowed to support the Cowboys" according to him.  My retaliation was to support the team that played against the Cowboys but again, he said "that's not fair you can't do that, you have to pick just one team" so I pick a team each season and gloat real big when they beat the Cowboys.  But no matter who plays, I'm watching, whether it Saturday, Sunday night or the CFL on Friday night... I love me some football!!!

2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?

An ugly really old worn linty sweater that is the most warm and comfortable thing when autumn and winter roll around.  No matter how much my family tries to encourage me to toss that ugly sweater out or to not wear it in public, too bad.

3. Share one of your earliest memories.

I love how the seasons change.  How the weather cools down and the leaves begin to slowly change.  I'd always drag my feet through the leaves even if it scuffed my shoes.

4. What circus act best describes your week so far?

Liar tamer Lion tamer.... Seems there's more chaos than I could ever have expected - most of it blind sided me so I've got to get it under control.

5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?

Yogurt.  I really never liked yogurt but now I love it!  I can get carried away eating yogurt and now that Greek yogurt is on the market I'm wondering will I like it as much as regular yogurt?

6. Describe your summer in three words.

Too Darn Hot!

7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?

On September 11, 2001 I was at work.  I was seated at my desk when a coworker came up to me and said that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center but we didn't have much information so we just thought it was a small two or four person plane.  I had checked the internet for details and that's when things became clear.  Later on our bosses knew not much work would get done so they turned on a television in the boardroom so we could be updated.  At the end of the day Tony and I went home and were glued to the television speechless.  We don't actually "mark" this day but we always watch the American news to remember and offer up prayers. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I feel like making pie.  I don't quite know why but .... I feel like making pie.



No comments: