Monday, September 3, 2012

Oatmeal Gems

I had intended to post this recipe the same day I blogged about the ultimate fail that was the packaged oatmeal cookie mix but it just got away with me. 

I make oatmeal cookies from this recipe card every year, usually at Christmas time for the kids and occasionally when I'm in the mood for oatmeal cookies, like I was the other day but chose to be stupid and buy a package mix instead.  Another reason I love this recipe is it uses 1 egg.  I've got a nephew with a lot of allergies so the bulk of the cookie recipes I bake use few eggs and I just swap out the nuts for fruit.

Rather than retype everything I'll just give you the link to the recipe card I have that's by Grandma's Kitchen for Chewy Oatmeal Gems just click the link and it's there if the card scan doesn't show up well enough but let me tell you these are super amazing fluffy soft chewy cookies!



No comments: