Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oatmeal Muffin Mix

Though the oatmeal cookie mix by Quaker turned out pitiful.... the oatmeal muffin mix is a different story!

I purchased the Quaker Oatmeal Muffin mix a couple days ago, probably at the same time I purchased the Quaker Oatmeal Cookie mix.  Not to compare a cookie with a muffin, there really isn't a comparison anyway - that'd be like comparing eggs and oranges (as Mom would say). 

The muffin mix is sufficient enough to make 24 muffins, much to my surprise though I only made a dozen.  Most package mixes only make 6 but then again the bag was larger.  I'm wide awake so I had no issues with incorrect measurements ha! ha!  I really love oatmeal muffins they are my second most favorite (carrot wins hands down!) While preparing the mix I included a handful of chopped walnuts and another handful of sunmaid raisins.  I had initially intended to add the very ripe banana that's been living in the fridge these past couple days but forgot all about it until this very second... oops.

The muffin tin was prepared with paper liners, and filled 2/3rds full of batter and inserted into the oven at 400*F to bake for 20 minutes.  I left them in there for 25 minutes or somewhere in that ballpark.
 
I'm on cloud nine right now... mmmmm.... not bad!  I think the addition of raisins and walnuts gave them a flavor boost because these are outstanding.  So my review on the Quaker Oatmeal Muffin mix is pretty good and sure I'd buy it again...

No comments: