Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sh*t My Dad Says


I really enjoy reading but my favorite genre happens to be romance.  Rarely do I read outside of that genre but with audio books so easily available to download onto my ipod, I've branched out into reading/listening to other genres. 

Most recently I began listening to Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern.  I can't get past the first hour of the book.  Aside from wondering if this was how the dad really spoke to him as a child, the language is just to bothersome.  Sure I read erotica that consist of more um... intense language but I just can't listen to someone constantly using the Lords name in vain.  I know it's just a book and eventually I will listen to the whole thing but I'm not a fan of it.  I don't find it in the least bit funny or interesting for that matter especially when every other sentence the dad says has the word God or Jesus said in vain.  I REALLY HATE THAT!!!  But I don't like to leave a book unfinished soooo.... I guess I will put up with it until it's done, perhaps somewhere along the way it may get better (here's hoping).

No comments: