Friday, September 21, 2012

Tit For Tat

I can't believe I actually read THE WHOLE BOOK!  *bangs head on desk*

Saying it sucked would be the understatement of the day, the decade, no the century!  Ugh!  I was ripped off... oh wait a minute, I borrowed the book so it didn't really cost me anything...

... EXCEPT TIME I WON'T GET BACK!!!!!!!! 

Ugh!

I seen the title "Tit for Tat" and wasn't immediately drawn in to read the synopsis but I figured why not read it anyway. 

I don't usually read reviews before I read a book because everyone has their own opinion, so I read the reviews after I've read the book to see if I agree with any of them.  Perhaps I should have read them prior in this case.  The book was reviewed 19 times on Amazon.com: 1 reader gave it a 5 star, 1 reader gave it a 4 star, 2 readers gave it a 3 star and 15 readers gave it a 1 star because the review couldn't go less than a one star rating! 

I was lured in by seeing "Steven King" as the author.  Yes I was sadly mistaken, this was Steven King, not Stephen King.  Two totally different authors.  If you do a google search for Steven King, it actually CORRECTS you and asks if you want STEPHEN KING....note the spelling there!  Pretty much all of the 15 negative reviews warn potential readers not to mistake this guy with the real deal. 

I should have paid closer attention.  Sigh.  I should have at least peeked at the reviews. 

Stephen King, author of Pet Semetary, I enjoyed that book, I read it long before the terrible film adaptation was made.  Steven King - the wannabe author - is a clever dude who knows that when folks see a creepy cover and the name they'll automatically be drawn in under the assumption that it's a novel by the well known author and not a.... a.....   I'm at a loss for words.

Personally, I found Tit for Tat to read like an extension to the terrible film Hostel, where some guy gets kidnapped and used to fulfill the twisted fantasies of the uber rich - folks who can pay enough money to physically torture another human without repercussions.  Like in Hostel, one individual gets away (he also loses his fingers) and he gets revenge on the people who tortured him.  Funny thing about this is that the one person who gave it a 4 star rating also compared it to Hostel.  So my guess is if Hostel was sort of a crappy movie... uh... well, you do the math.  Only difference is the movie stays on point.  The book Tit for Tat jumps all over the place.  One minute the main character is barely alive and hallucinating, the next he's killing someone with a rat.  I read the book quickly, not because it was good, but because I don't like leaving a book unfinished and the sooner I got through it the sooner I could move on.

Why am I reviewing it on my blog?  Oh that's easy, I'm blogstipated and needed something to write about!  

No comments: