Sunday, September 16, 2012

To Market, To Market

I could live on a farm...

No, no I couldn't.  I'd miss the "city noise", but that's not what this post is about.

I went to the farmers market the other day and got a great deal on fresh peppers.  A basket of 8 very large red bell peppers for $3.   Usually they're that price per unit not for a whole basket!  I'm surfing the net for recipes for stuffed peppers.  I have a nice recipe already but I want to try something different, something new. 

Another thing I enjoy about the farmers market (aside from the freshness, and the ridiculously low prices) is that I'm helping local farmers!  Prices are going to be sky high on imported goods with so many areas suffering drought and then the price of gas is robbing us blind so you know there will be fuel surcharges tagged on for store deliveries.  The farmers market keep costs low and help the locals, that's two for the price of one!



No comments: