Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Won!!

When I checked the mail yesterday, I received a notice to pick up a package from the post office.  It drove me nuts trying to figure out what the package was since I couldn't remember if I'd ordered anything on ebay or etsy.  It wasn't any special occasion for anyone to be sending me anything either so I was completely baffled.

Then it came to me.  Not quite sure what jogged my memory but I did recall entering my info for a chance to win a cake pack.  Could that have been it?

I wasn't sure but I thought, hey could I really be one of the 100 winners of the Duncan Hines contest?  It really seemed too good to be true so I wasn't about to get my hopes up and have the package turn out to be something else.

I picked up the box today and opened it and oh how happy I was!!!  It was like Christmas almost but not quite.

I don't usually enter contests but I figured what the heck in this case.  The contest listed the prize as a cake mix and a limited edition cake server so not a big deal if I didn't win right.  

It was just a simple Duncan Hines contest that didn't require me to bake anything. All I had to do was simply like their page on Facebook and then jot down how I'd use the new Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix (because the purpose of the contest was to promote their red velvet box mix).  

Now I can't for the likes of me recall what I wrote but it must have been good enough for me to be one of the 100 winners of a gift pack that consisted of two red velvet cake mixes, two whipped creamy cream cheese icing, a cake server that says Duncan Hines Red Velvet on the handle, a red apron with the words Duncan Hines across the front and three coupons for free cake mixes! 

I know it may not sound like much to some folks but to me - a first time contest winner - it's the mother load!! 

No comments: