Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thankful

Oh the delight of a Thanksgiving dinner.

So Yesterday was the Canadian Thanksgiving and as per usual, dinner was divine!  The most wonderful aspect of it all is that our Mom's are great chefs!  Hey what were you expecting me to say with all that food between the two of them over the course of the long weekend.

We ate an abundance of:
  • turkey
  • chicken
  • stuffing
  • curried beef
  • rice
  • mashed potatoes
  • fresh vegetables
  • macaroni pie
  • fish
  • potato salad
  • green salad
  • can you say CHEESE CAKE and APPLE PIE!!!
I may have forgotten something but that's pretty much what I put into this belly of mine over the course of the weekend.  Many thanks to our Moms for their culinary skills.  Much appreciated especially since my culinary skills are somewhat lacking in the "skill" department.

I'm thankful that I have family to share love (and good food) with.  I'm thankful for the simple everyday things like our warm home, food in our cupboards, a soft bed to rest my head on each night, clothes to wear especially now that the temperature is dropping, our jobs that pay our bills, our good health, friends (and internet so I can keep in contact with those who are too busy to speak on the phone)... for our Lord Jesus Christ who loves me just as I am (which really blows me away sometimes because I'm a major work in progress)... for Gods Grace...  I can go on and on because I AM THANKFUL.

1 Thessalonians 5 14-18 KJV

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.   15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.   16 Rejoice evermore.   17 Pray without ceasing.   18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.



No comments: