Friday, November 2, 2012

It's Cookie Season!

Cookie season approacheth.

Yup.  It's pretty much this close to cookie season.  I've been scouring all the major grocery chains for sales on baking items.  I'll never understand how the Canadian dollar is at par with the American dollar but a 2kg (5lb) bag of flour costs $0.89 in the USA and $4.99 in Montreal. 

I know, highway robbery eh!!

I've got thirteen 4litre containers to fill with cookies for my kids.  Yup.  MY KIDS.  Ok so techinically I don't have kids, I have nieces and nephews but they're mine so that makes them my kids right. RIGHT!  I fill one container per household for family and friends who I consider family.  This year I'm really excited about it, unlike last year for some reason I wasn't as excited as I am now but that was then and it's a done deal.

I'll be going through my cookie recipe book soon enough and pulling out the usual ones to bake and adding some new ones that I want to try.  I'll still be baking "nut-free" as I've got a niece & nephew with peanut allergies and we want them to survive Christmas. 



No comments: