Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cookie #10 Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Cookie # 10 Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I love this oatmeal raisin cookie recipe from Grandma's Kitchen. Click the link for the recipe on Grandma's website.

The recipe is quite simple to follow, it also provides the recipe for the glaze that drizzles on top of the cookies but I never bother with the glaze though it does make the cookie look cute.  I've never adjusted this recipe ever (except maybe the cooking time when we got a new stove).  It's most likely that you already have all the ingredients to this recipe in your fridge and pantry so why not whip up a batch tonight? 

This cookie finds its way into the Christmas cookie tins for distribution to family members every December.  And I must confess, it's also a cookie I make at least twice throughout the year because it's just so darn good!  You just have to make sure not to over bake them or they'll be tough on the teeth.  I usually bake them for 2 or 3 minutes less then just let them sit that long on the counter on the hot cookie sheet and let the sugar do the rest and voila, a nice soft chewy oatmeal raisin cookie.


No comments: