Monday, December 24, 2012

Cookie #13 Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookie # 13 Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the usual recipe I always use for Chocolate Chip cookies... it's from the Nestlé Toll House cookie recipe but with a few minor adjustments:

  • added a teaspoon of cinnamon
  • added half a teaspoon of cloves,
  • removed the cup of nuts and replace with additional cup of chocolate chips.

I'm not a big fan of nuts in my chocolate chip cookies, and I also bake them for kids with nut allergies so I just don't bother with the nuts in pretty much most of the cookie recipes I make.

Personally I find the addition of the cinnamon and cloves gives the cookie a spicy flavor but only slightly otherwise it's kind of a bland cookie if you aren't using milk chocolate chips.  Most of the time I use semi sweet chips and without the recipe adjustment the cookie tastes like something's missing.

The orginal recipe for NestlĂ© Toll House cookies can be found by clicking here.



No comments: