Monday, December 3, 2012

Cookie #3: Smores Cups?

Christmas baking cookie #3... I'm not sure what to call these... Smores Cups?  Ok sure, we'll call 'em Smores Cups.

These were baked in a mini muffin tin.  I fumbled a bit on the first batch because I sprayed the muffin tin with cooking spray so they won't stick but then realized I had a non-stick tin! 

DUH!!!

For this recipe I used pre made Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough so there really isn't any recipe to list.

Basically I rolled the dough into small balls and put one in each cup of the mini muffin tin.  With my finger, I pressed a small indent into the ball then put the tin in the oven and baked it for about 10-12 minutes on 350*F.  (don't quote me on that because I think I may have taken them out sooner because they weren't quite ready.)  Once I removed them from the oven - when they were ready - I put three mini marshmallows inside each indented cookie cup and put them back in the oven for 2 minutes to puff up the mallows.  Once baked and removed from the oven I let them sit in the tin to cool off because the one I tried to free from the tin broke apart and had to be eaten quickly! 

While they were cooling, I put some chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a zip lock sandwich bag and put the bag in a cup of hot water to melt the chips.  I could have put them in the microwave but they'd have been too melty (is that a word?) I wanted the chocolate to be melted but thick not too thin.  I poked a hole in the corner of the bag and drizzled them over the now cooled and sitting on a wire rack cookies.  Then finally I transferred the cookies onto a plate and popped them in the fridge to solidify the chocolate before putting them in a cookie tin in the fridge.

They taste pretty good too.  Kind of sweet but kids like sweets so that's a good thing.