Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cookie #4 Red Velvet Thumbprints

Cookie # 4 was something new to me.  I'd only made a type of thumbprint cookie once, but it was nothing like this.

While surfing the internet for a "magical Christmas cookie", I stumbled on the Red Velvet Thumbprint by Betty Crocker.  For recipe, please click the link.  I found the recipe to be very easy to follow.  I had all the ingredients already in the pantry - including the red food colouring from when I made the red velvet cake a while back!   So off I went to make the cute little cookies!!


 





As I mentioned, the recipe was quite easy but I found it took a lot of elbow grease to mix the cocoa into the cookie dough evenly. phew!  Perhaps if Santa would bring me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer in any shade of green it would have been easier.  The addition of the red food colour after mixing in the cocoa was a trip. I had to use more red than called for to get the cookie red (because the cocoa made it a funky shade of brown - to put it nicely)

I baked the cookies and poured the melted white chocolate into the thumb dents and then to add a colourful holiday touch, sprinkled red sugar on the white chocolate before cooling.  I even rolled some of the red cookies in coloured sprinkles before baking, just because I had sprinkles!!  Hee! hee!!

I found the cookies to be buttery - like a butter cookie with a hint of chocolate taste. Pretty good and tasty, but nothing worth bragging about but definitely a cookie I'd make again.



No comments: