Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cookie #8 Cranberry Shortbread

Cookie #8 is also one I make on a yearly basis.... and with the same recipe!  Hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it eh?!

A few years back I stumbled on a recipe for Shortbread Cookies on the Robin Hood Flour web page.  I gave it a try and the kids loved it!  So it has made it's way into my Cookie Book (which is a binder full of my favorite cookie recipes whereas Mitt Romney has a binder full of women)

First of all this recipe only requires four ingredients.... all of which can be found at the Robin Hood flour website. Click the link for the recipe and directions. 

Follow the directions of the shortbread cookie recipe and then just add chopped dried cranberries to the batter. 

Easy peasy!! 

I usually add about two cups.  I don't bother with rolling out the dough on a floured surface because I did that once and not only did the dough still stick to the counter top, but it stuck to my cheap rolling pin too! 

Can you picture how angry I was after that? Smiley 

Let's just say that adding more flour to that already floured surface gave me a major migraine, how about that.

Anyway, I separate the dough into two batches and wrap them in plastic wrap, place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour to make the dough a bit more firm for rolling and shape cutting.... then I cut a heavy duty plastic freezer bag in two (separating the front piece from the back piece completely) and use it to roll the dough between!  Some people roll the dough between two pieces of wax paper, well this has the same effect.  No flour mess on the counter, no sticky dough mucking up the cheap rolling pin.  And for those of us who have a marble rolling pin; no sticky mess on that there either!

Now, once the dough is rolled out, take the cookie cutter and cut the cookies.  Bake according to the recipe - again, time depends on the size of the cookie so keep an eye on them otherwise you will need to eat the over cooked ones so that nobody knows it ever happened. 





No comments: