This is a photo of my kitchen table covered in cookie containers... can't really call them cookie tins because only a few ofthem are tins and the rest are
greedy size tupperware.
I took this photo on December 17th so they weren't quite full since I still had a few more recipes to bake and add to them.
The recipients of these containers were:
- My eldest sister Shirl shared a plastic container with her son
- My older sister Sandra shared a plastic container with her spouse
- My brother Ken shared a plastic conatiner with his wife and son :-)
- My mom got a large round tin for herself
- My dad got a large square tin for himself
- My best friend got a medium size tin to share with her three kids
- My adopted family at work shared a plastic container with her four kids (I hope she shared it!!)
- My coworker Amel got a small tin to share with her kids but I doubt she shared them!
- My brother-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
- My sister-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
- My other sister-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
- My other sister-in-law's two kids shared one large plastic container
- My mother-in-law got a large square tin for herself
- My nephew in Ontario was sent a medium size tin
- My stepdaughter has a large plastic tin to share with her cousins
two extra containers were left, one was shared between all the containers and the second one was given to my niece & nephews to share before Christmas because they gave me puppy eyes that I couldn't resist.
I love baking for "my kids"
I've still got quite a bit of ingredients left over so I will be baking more for the first week of January. While the adults will be complaining that they need to lose weight, the kids will be scarfing down more cookies! I just can't keep the extra ingredients in the house to spoil, and there are still a few new recipes I really wanted to try out so I may as well bake them and get it over with.