Saturday, December 29, 2012

Family Cookie Tins

 
This is a photo of my kitchen table covered in cookie containers... can't really call them cookie tins because only a few ofthem are tins and the rest are greedy size tupperware. 
 
I took this photo on December 17th so they weren't quite full since I still had a few more recipes to bake and add to them. 
 
The recipients of these containers were:
  1. My eldest sister Shirl shared a plastic container with her son
  2. My older sister Sandra shared a plastic container with her spouse
  3. My brother Ken shared a plastic conatiner with his wife and son :-)
  4. My mom got a large round tin for herself
  5. My dad got a large square tin for himself
  6. My best friend got a medium size tin to share with her three kids
  7. My adopted family at work shared a plastic container with her four kids (I hope she shared it!!)
  8. My coworker Amel got a small tin to share with her kids but I doubt she shared them!
  9. My brother-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
  10. My sister-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
  11. My other sister-in-law's three kids shared one large plastic container
  12. My other sister-in-law's two kids shared one large plastic container
  13. My mother-in-law got a large square tin for herself
  14. My nephew in Ontario was sent a medium size tin
  15. My stepdaughter has a large plastic tin to share with her cousins
two extra containers were left, one was shared between all the containers and the second one was given to my niece & nephews to share before Christmas because they gave me puppy eyes that I couldn't resist. 
 
I love baking for "my kids"
 
I've still got quite a bit of ingredients left over so I will be baking more for the first week of January.  While the adults will be complaining that they need to lose weight, the kids will be scarfing down more cookies!  I just can't keep the extra ingredients in the house to spoil, and there are still a few new recipes I really wanted to try out so I may as well bake them and get it over with. 

No comments: