Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year Hodgepodge

Well, it's 2013, a brand new year and what better way to start the new year off with than a dose of Hodgepodge hosted by From This Side of the Pond... you really aught to click the link and follow her blog, you really don't know what you're missing!



Here are the questions for the first installment of Hodgepodge of 2013 (here's hoping I'll keep up this year).;


1. How did you ring in the new year?
  • As per usual, my husband, my stepdaughter and I were doing our own thing (reading, watching tv, surfing the net) and two minutes til midnight we turned the television to I don't know what channel but then they started counting down the ball in New York so we counted down too, then wished eachother a happy new year, then went back to doing our own thing.  Plain, simple, ordinary... just the way I like it!

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
  • I'm looking forward to the city of Montreal finally removing all the snow we received last week.  On Thursday December 27th we received 46 centimeters (approx 18 inches) of snow and usually the city is pretty good with removal but this time I think it's a major fail that there are no sidewalks, about 80% of the roads are barely accessable, senior citizens have it very difficult if they need to get out and get supplies!  It's just unacceptable and now the city workers are on a three day leave until January 3rd... and they have the audacity to tell everyone to take the city bus for transportation when we can't even walk on the sidewalk to get to said bus, and on top of that the bus gets stuck in the snow... this is Montreal, we aren't afraid of snow, sure this is the worse it's been in a since snowfall since somewhere in the 1970s but come on...   ok I'm done my rant...  LOL

3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
  • I think I'm the same but better... or hopefully better than I used to be.  I've prayed that God will help me become a better version of the person I used to be and I doubt He's failed on that but I may have dropped the ball from time to time though I still feel I'm the same, but better... not sure if that makes me "different" though.

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
  • Sorry, not a huge fan of emerald green at all, evergreen, mint green and seafoam green - yes but not so much emerald though it is pretty, just not on me.  It's unlikely I will add anything emerald green to my wardrobe or home this year.  Perhaps mint green but not emerald.

5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
  • Amythyst is lovely, but diamonds are this girls best friend!  ha!

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
  • I haven't seen any new movies in 2012 believe it or not, only movies from previous years.  As for books, I'm a romance book fan but I did read one horror book that was pretty amazing!  Actually it was an audiobook : Dead of Night by Jonathan Mayberry. 

7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
  • I want to tell myself to not sweat the small stuff.  Sometimes I tend to get irritated over things I have no control over and I just need to give it to God and not sweat it. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
  • I'm really glad I did the Hodgepodge today, it may be a sign of more to come!!  Hodgepodge has lead me to many new bloggers whom I may never have stumbled on and I am grateful for that.  So let me start the year off saying THANK YOU for the Hodgepodge!! 

No comments: