Monday, November 11, 2013

Mrs. Cranky Pants

Ever have one of those days, sort of like a day where you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed but it's a bit more intense than that? Well that'd be me today.  Just call me Mrs. CrankyPants. 

I went to bed late Sunday night feeling my normal self.  Slept maybe 3 hours then got up to get husband off to work and noticed I was a bit off.  Then the voices in my head started and to shut them up I usually have coffee and food.  I desperately wanted to avoid the emotional eating so I quickly got dressed and went for my 40 minute run.  It was 1*C (33*F) but I was dressed for it.  I ran until my legs yelled for me to stop. 

After cooling/warming off at home, I showered and went to bed but couldn't sleep.  Eventually I did fall asleep but when I awoke in the late afternoon when husband came home from work, I was in worse shape.  A hot shower later and a hot cup of coffee with some eggo waffles later, I still felt like I got hit by a mack truck. 

Left home at 7pm to head to work, at least I was early.  It was raining when I caught the bus but that turned to snow by the time I got off the bus.  The first snowfall makes me nostalgic so I came this close to bursting into tears while walking down the street. 

I got to work covered in snow, and still feeling terribly moody, then I dropped my glasses and broke them.  To make myself feel better I emptied out my work bag in search of food and found.....
an apple
an orange
a bottle of prune juice
a box of sunmaid raisins.... 

I curse you Crispy Crunch... how can you abandon me at a time like this!!!

note: photo curtesy of mindbodygreen.com

No comments: