Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dear Santa;

9th Annual Family Christmas Ornament
Year 2008 : Letter From Santa

This pattern was also taken from 75 Merry Christmas Ornaments In Plastic Canvas.  

The original pattern called for a white envelope and it was a letter TO Santa so I had to make a few adjustments.  I just stitched the envelope red with dark green trim and used a gold button as a closure.  The envelope can be opened and inside is a folded letter from Santa saying hello, and hoping you were good all year, and telling you how busy's he's been preparing for Christmas!  ha! ha! ha!  The front side of the envelope has a star shape brad that says Happy Holidays on it.  I put the brad in the top right corner as a "stamp".

I attached the fishing line from the top corner of the envelope so when it hangs on the tree it will be on a slant.  The finished ornament was about 3.5" by 4.5 inches.  I had to post this one in a small padded envelope because the curve in the closure of the stitched envelope needed some padding protection during export.

This ornament was made for my maternal aunts & uncles, my parents, my siblings and two close friends. 


  

No comments: