Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hey Santa Claus!

4th Annual Family Christmas Ornament
Year 2003: Santa Claus

If memory serves me correct I knew that Santa Claus would be the ornament even before summer arrived!  By autumn, I had already drawn and cut the plastic canvas pattern that was a combination of three pieces: his face, his mustache, and his hat trim.  I purposefully used larger google eyes so instead of a "twinkle" in his eye, he looks more like a dear caught in the headlights!   A mini pink pom pom was hot glued as his nose, and his moustache was also hot glued in place.  The hat trim was stitched on to the top of the had and a glitter pom pom (in red or white) was used. The back was covered with white felt and fishing line was used to hang it.  He was pretty easy and quick to stitch and since he was flat, and small, he fit perfectly inside the envelopes that contained the Christmas cards.  Once again, this ornament was given to my maternal aunts & uncles, my paternal Granny, my parents and siblings. 

I found this pattern in a book 75 Merry Christmas Projects In Plastic Canvas.  

The completed stitching was about 3 inches tall. 





No comments: