Monday, December 9, 2013

Say Cheese!

8th Annual Family Christmas Ornament
Year 2007: Photo Frame

This had to be the easiest ornament of all and lots of thought went into this because I was rushed to create something.  You see, in the summer of 2007, I married Prince Charming and therefore had absolutely no time to stitch anything really detailed but skipping a year was simply out of the question! 

Since the summer was filled with photo taking, I figured I needed to make something to display a photo on the tree.  Such a parctical idea.

I didn't bother looking for a pattern for a photo frame, I simply used my imagination!  I had plenty of mini plastic stars and used two stars per frame.  I cut out an insert in the middle of the front side, but stitched the back side complete.  Each star was unique in colour ... I really like when I can swap colours!  

I stitched the photo inside the frame. When I made these frames for my maternal aunts & uncles, I stitched a "couples" photos inside the frame so when they received it, their photo was already in it!  I also made them for my nieces & nephews since I hadn't done any cross stitch ornaments for them this particular year.  So cute!

Ok well in this photo, I inserted a picture of my niece who read a Bible verse at our wedding.  I'm casually hiding her identity by covering her eyes!  This lovely young lady just turned 17 last month!  I can't belive she's growing up so fast!!

No comments: