Friday, January 24, 2014

Fitness vs Polar Vortex


With the weather currently in the super sub zero temperatures, there is absolutely no way I'm going to attempt to jog, let alone walk outside unless I'm walking to the grocery store or to work!

I've been watching the news coverage on this "polar vortex" thing and it just feels like a typical Canadian January to me.  You know, the clear blue cloudless sky accompanied by the -10*C weather and that never includes the wind chill that can drop the temperature down to -20!!  

I've set my sights on March 1st to return to jogging.  I need to make a plan, psych myself up and count down to the big day like it's Christmas or something.  It lands on a Saturday so that should be fun, me, getting out of bed early on a Saturday morning.... chances are it will still be major winter up here but hopefully much warmer like 5*C that'd just be great. 

Right now I'm still recovering from an abdominal injury so any sort of exercise is completely out of the question.  I'm still hanging on to the two pound weight loss I achieved with the Military Diet (yay!) but nothing has happened since (boooo!) so I just have to be creative with the diet.  I've been munching on lots of fruit, apple sauce, and bananas too.  And when I crave chocolate, I savor a pudding cup.  The problem with winter is it makes me want to eat!!!!  A friend suggested I do exercises aimed at a very pregnant woman, or a very elderly person so that I won't aggravate my abdomen so I suppose I can start by searching Youtube for something along those lines. 

I think I'll blog hop to find out how everyone else is doing during these arctic months because I really could use a pick-me-up.

No comments: