Monday, February 10, 2014

30 Day Shred (Day5)

Today was day 5 of the 30 day shred.  I can honestly say so far, it does get easier as the days go by... for now.

The first day I sort of struggled with it because I had to get used to the moves, and I also had to be careful with the abdominal exercises.

The second day, my shoulders hurt like heck and so did my thighs.  They cried out every time I had to lift my arm or climb stairs!  And I still say that those ladies move from a floor routine to a standing one in a split second while it takes me a bit longer to get back onto my feet with my bones crackling.

The third day I was surprised I didn't feel too bad doing them.  I actually looked forward to the 20 minutes I was going to be exercising. 

And today is day 5 and like I just said, it does get easier... for now... because I'll only be on "level 1" for ten days before increasing to "level 2".  Basically, I'm left with five more days of joy and happiness until I begin the second level and my muscles start crying out all over again!  I'm not quite sure if I'm looking forward to that but I do know I need to pick up a set of 2lb weights within the next five days because I have no intention of subjecting myself to the heavier weights until I hit the third level.

As far as the eating habits... gone is the emotional eating binge I was on.  Last week I ate better, felt better and am continuing to improve on my food choices: more water, more fiber, more protein, less sugar, less junk (notice I said LESS and not NONE). 

Now, like anyone who has exercised for a couple of days in a row, I was standing in front of the mirror wondering if anythings changed. Do I look skinnier or is my head just over inflated?  Crazyiness, I know but we're all guilty of that stupidness.  I'm just really looking forward to getting done with the 30 days so I can start jogging outside truth be told! 


No comments: