Thursday, February 13, 2014

Almost Done! Now What?


I'm almost finished reading.... or should I say listening to, the audio book series of The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward.  I have no clue what I'm going to do with my life once the series comes to an end!  I've "lived" with these fighters for just a little over two years, now what?

I won't say the series is awesome, because it's not.  I started out with book one because I thought it was just an ordinary paranormal romance... you know:
  • vampire meets woman
  • vampire falls in love with woman
  • vampire bites woman and kills her they live happily ever after
Well, this series was a bit more than your average paranormal romance.  This series contained some action and suspense too!  Sometimes too much suspense.

The series as a whole is great, not awesome but great, like a 4.5 star out of 5 star.  To rate each book individually is where the series loses out.  Book one was more like a 2.5 or 3 star book but then you get to the second and third books and wow can't put it down.  And just when you least expect it, along comes a book that sucks worse than the first book!  Nonetheless, it's a series well worth the read... or in my case the listen!  The voice of the narrator makes it really worth the listen (insert cheesy grin here).

The reason I've got the audio format instead of the written word is I honestly didn't think I could sit patiently and read the book.  There are certain books I just can't bring myself to read but I would listen to them on the ipod while doing other things.... well, it's someone else reading it to me!  Not bad!  That's how I "read" the Girl With The Dragon Tatoo series, and it was much better than the movies!!!!!!

   

No comments: