Monday, March 3, 2014

Ask For Help


I had a pretty good chit chat with a friend this past weekend.  She gave me some good advice on my weightloss-healthy me blah blah blah... After telling her I've been doing the thirty day shred while I wait for the weather to warm up so I can go jogging, and I've not made too many changes to my eating habit except drinking lots more water than I used to.  Believe it or not I even let her look at my calorie count app and the weight tracker app!  

I know, I can't believe it either!

Her suggestion, so that I can have a more realistic goal was first to take into account my age.  Yes she certainly made me sound old!  Then she said set my calorie count level higher to a more realistic standard for someone my age, weight and height. Then she said I should log all my food for one week without making many changes to my eating habits just to get an idea of where I really stand.  After one week she'll take another look and provide feedback.

Her suggestion for exercise is to continue with the shred until I can get out there to jog!  Just as long as I don't stop exercising for at least twenty minutes a day...even if its low impact exercise.

Her final suggestion was to give up coffee and sweets for Lent.   

*blank stare*

Say that again!  Give up what? 

Give up coffee and sweets.

For forty days?  Can I really do that?  If I do, I just don't want to be weak and give up two days later.  Forty days is a long time.  Lent begins on Wednesday.  She tried to tie my need for healthy habits to my faith.  I have more faith in God than I do in myself.  But I am willing to let my faith in God help me through.  

I'm not afraid to ask for help!!!  


No comments: