Saturday, March 8, 2014

From One Series To The Next



Lately I've been spending quite a bit of time trying to find a book series to read... or more like listen to on audio book.  Over the course of the last two years (yes, two years because I also read other books), I was listening to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward.  The series as a whole is pretty awesome though one or two books were kind of slow moving.  When I finished the series I felt dazed and confused, like my world ended and now I have to face reality once again until the next book in the series, "The King", is published and released.  

In the interim, I'd like to get started on a new series.  Problem is I can't find a series that grabs me at the first book!

Then I was directed to the Lords Of The Underworld series by Gena Showalter. 



I read the "Prequel" book first (Darkest Fire), it was a novella form, only about a 2hr audio book, short story so it got to the stupidity real quick.   Then I got maybe an hour into the audio book of the next book in the series I noticed how it made reference to the prequel ...

...basically to the last 30 seconds of the prequel! 

So I wasted $2.50 on the audio book from Audible...

click the link for Audible to get a 30 day free membership with free credit for an audio book.  OR click this link to get the Audible Special offer price of $7.49 for 3 months...

LOL, ya that was some free advertising for Audible because I love the app that much!

Ok back to nonsense business! 

I was a bit peeved that the whole prequel was about one thing but then, like an after thought, the author shoved this long sentence paragraph in the end to try to link it to the book one (I believe book one was written before the prequel).

I'm only just over an hour into book one, "Darkest Night", so I don't really have an opinion on that book yet but I'm going to continue with the series if only for the simple reason that it's a Harlequin.  Ya, that was an advertisement plug for Harlequin books!  Ha!




No comments: