Monday, March 10, 2014

Two For One

Ordinarily this type of intense trilogy with no substance would have been tossed to the side, however, since it was given to me free, I opted to listen to the audio books.

Still not a good idea.

Anyway, the first book in the trilogy gets straight to the point pretty quick.  The Submissive is book one of The Submissive Trilogy written by Tara Sue Me, most likely written quick on the heals of Fifty Shades Of Grey, The Crossfire Trilogy and all those other copy cats that I curiously read.  I'm on chapter 7 so far because I'm chose to make the book more interesting....

I'm also listening to the second book in this series, The Dominant. 

You see, the first book is written in the female's point of view, while the second book is written in the male's point of view.  Other than that, they're basically the exact same story!  I started listening to The Submissive but was quickly uninterested in the book so I intended to switch to something else, and accidentally started The Dominant.  It started off alright and then I realized not only was it narrated by a man, but it was also told from the male characters view. 


That's when I had my "ah-ha!" moment!

I listened to The Dominant until I reached about the same point I was in The Submissive.... and then the story seemed ten times better because just from one view it really was kind of crappy.

So I'm currently listening to a whole slew of books that should hold me over until the book I really want is available.







No comments: