Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Failure Not An Option

I'm beginning to think that my weight loss journey was hijacked.  One minute I feel great then the next minute I feel terrible.  Not physically.... but mentally.  

Let me explain.

I love jogging.  I love walking.   I'm not so keen on exercise videos but will do them as long as I can interchange them and not be stuck doing the same one over and over.  

It's been rather cold in the early mornings when I prefer to jog just as I arrive home from work so I haven't been getting out there as often as I would like to.  I ran on Monday evening near dinner time because I just needed to quiet the voices in my head.  You know, when you over think things for no apparent reason, well that's what I mean about the voices in my head.  The run worked at shutting them up and it gave me the chance to test out another app.

My inner pipes have been giving me grief for the past month.  I ran out of probiotic capsules and didn't rush out to pick up more, instead I waited about three weeks so my inner pipes gave up on me.  Can't say I blame them with all the junk I've been shovelling in me.  sigh.  I felt great coming off the no sugar, no coffee for the 40 days of Lent but as soon as I was able to consume, well, I over did the consumption!  My pipes backed up and it was milk of magnesia to the rescue.  

Yes that was too much information but that's just the tip of the iceberg.  

I've been taking green tea extract in a capsule form once a day.  The package says I should take it twice daily combined with an active lifestyle.  

Active lifestyle? My lifestyle is sedentary so I decided once daily would suffice.  I don't know if it's just my imagination or real and true but since I've been taking them, I'm hungry like a wolf twenty four seven!  Could those capsules be increasing my appetite because they're supposed to be increasing my metabolism?   ....things that make you go hmmmm!

To get a handle on things, as of two weeks ago I began logging what I ate again on the Loseit app and the past week I went well over my 1200 calories a day.  That's saying a lot since I'm not too accurate with the count, it's more "ball park" than actual but it at least gives me an idea of where I stand on a daily basis.  So far this week (the week on the app is set to begin Monday and end Sunday)... Monday I was below my count, which made me happy, then Tuesday rolled around and I had a chocolate bar along with some Jamaican beef patties which annihilated my count.  Wednesday my belly was in cohorts with two chocolate donuts.  

I've set up my ipad with the Newsify app to read blogs off line.  A few of the ones I follow are weightloss blogs so I've added those to the app and will get reading on them over the next few days.  I'm also going to sign up to Nextissue for a 30 day free trial to get a glimpse at other weightloss/health magazines that may help me out.  

I'm feeling like a failure today but tomorrow is a new day and I think a fast and a real long run is what I need to get the "feel good" mentality flowing again.  I'm not going to give up on my goal to drop the pounds, or to eat better and be more active.  I'm tired of feeling sluggish all the time.  I think I'll also research if anyone else is having issues with green tea extract in pill form messing with their appetite.  

Who knows, maybe it's just PMS and I got cravings instead of cramps. Yup, too much information again but hey, this is real life right!

Failure is not an option!




No comments: