Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Working Combination

Finally found something that appears to work for me!  

Yay!!

This week I've combined a daily exercise routine that I found on Pinterest, along with intermittent fasting and a little bit of walking.  Ok so yes, technically the week isn't finished yet BUT... I must say I am not discouraged with this regimen nor am I bored with it.  It's the boredom that usually causes me to fall off the wagon.  Or laziness, you know, being too lazy to turn on the computer to boot up the exercise videos where Jillian Michaels works me like a dog.

I'm hurting though... seriously!  One hundred jumping jacks is nothing to joke about.  Whether it's regular jumping jacks or the modified version, arms are still being thrown in the air causing the shoulder muscles to work overtime.  I also get about 20 minutes of walking in a day on my way to and from work (combined) by getting off the bus a few blocks earlier.


And another thing, a small handful of the exercises  listed on the daily workout plan I had to search Youtube to find out what the heck the exercise was AND how it should be done correctly to avoid injury.  

Ever heard of Bird-Dogs?  

Neither have I!  I now know that it's that you get on all fours and lift one leg out and the opposing arm out at the same time.  Sounds easy enough.  Looked easy enough when the fit chick in the video demonstrated it but have an out of shape chick like me do it... nope, hard as heck let me tell you!  Apparently my legs are heavy.  

Big boned... ha! ha!

And don't get me started on the 30 second plank!  Who invented the plank anyway!!!  OH MY GOSH THAT HURTS.  But I am enjoying this.  I don't have to fiddle with my computer to get to the video.  I don't need a lot of space to do the exercises.  I don't need a lot of time to do them and if I feel energized enough to do another rep during the course of the day I can.  I haven't though because I'm just too lazy and getting it done once was hard enough!  
As for the intermittent fasting, being as I work night shift, I adjusted my eating hours to be between 2:00pm and 8:00pm.  No eating during any other hours, mostly because during some of them I'll be asleep right.  Now for the weekend, I'm adjusting it again, because I'm home, so I'll eat breakfast then nothing til dinner so just the two meals, and plenty of water.  I weighed in on Monday morning, so I'll wait till Saturday morning to weigh in again just to satisfy my curiosity.


No comments: