Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Decoration Swap 2014

I've joined a Christmas Ornament Swap this year!  

It's been a long while since I engaged in hand made ornament swaps over the internets.  I used to be a big fan way back in the day when Yahoo Groups used to organize them.  I remember I opted out when I failed to receive an ornament and was kind of ticked off.  I don't put hand made ornaments on my tree any more, just poinsettias but they're nice to have to hang around the house or glue magnets on the back and stick them to the fridge during the holidays, you know.  So here are the deets in case any one else wants to take part.

 Paper and Sting is hosting the Hand Stitched Christmas Decoration Swap 2014 and the details can be found by clicking HERE and be magically transported to her web page.  Basically, you make a handmade decoration, attach an information label to it,  mail it along with a self addressed label to Paper and String co. and they will use your mailing label to send you back a hand made decoration and forward yours to someone else!  So she's the middle man in all this more or less.  I think it's a great way to get crafters united.  Maybe even include your blog on the  label that will remain attached to your forwarded decoration so the recipient will be curious to find out more about you and connect.  Hey, for the love of crafts why not!!

No comments: