Sunday, September 7, 2014

Five Days

I'm still trying to get myself out of this emotional funk I've been in these past couple of weeks.  I spent Friday and Saturday relaxing, doing some crafting, organizing my craft stash and photographing them for the Flickr groups.  It felt great to take a bit of a break from the ordinary day to day and just focus on something I enjoy.

Now it's time to get back in control.

I've been emotional eating for three weeks straight.  Not so bad and out of control, just not as healthy as I would want to.  That's my major weakness...eating when my emotions are out of whack.  Now, after a nice long walk, time spent alone, tears, and lots of prayer (and a hug from Mom), I'm ready to take control.  

The thing I like most about this time of year is its pretty much harvest season so fresh vegetables are in abundance.  What better way to get back to basics than with a trip to the farmers market.  I've purchased a subscription to NextIssue and downloaded a bunch of magazines with recipes containing fresh vegetables.  I'm also going to get back to taking vitamin supplements on a regular basis.  I was told perhaps I've got some imbalance going on.  


A friend put together a five day program for me...actually it feels more like a challenge!  Five days of going for a 60 minute walk.  No jogging, just walking while listening to ambient music and clearing my mind.  Five days of having five full servings of vegetables a day.  That'll be tough but I'm game.  Five days of getting at least 8 full hours of sleep... I work nights, overtime as of recently so that will be the biggest challenge.  And drink 2 litres of water a day.   And completely remove cafeine from my system.  I've had decaf coffee at home and when i go to Tim Hortons as well, but i have a jar of regular roast instant Maxwell House in my locker at work and that may be sabotaging my sleep.  

Five days.  

She insisted I log my day to day on here and to be honest when I do, so let the fun begin.

Five days.  

No comments: