Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tilda Doll Obsessed

I've recently become obsessed with Tilda dolls.  Home made cute and classy dolls.  I've been researching the tools I'd need to create one and the skill level isn't that bad either depending on which pattern I choose to do first.  The only thing standing in my way is that sewing machine!  Oh sure it works just fine, I just constantly experience user problems with it so I've decided it would make sense if I just read the user manual from cover to cover like I do with everything else on this planet and then maybe I might get somewhere.

I was chatting with an online pal about the Tilda dolls.  She's in the UK so getting supplies are easy since all the online stores that sell the stuff are located .... guess where..... IN THE UK!  Etsy has some supplies online and I'm totally boycotting Ebay unless it's from China because the American shipping has gotten totally out of control.  I still can't get over folks in New York mailing something to Kansas so it will come to Canada then charging an arm and a leg.  Ha!  Craziness.  Until sellers rethink that international shipping thing that is optional on Ebay, I forsee a drop in some sales.


Anywho, I've also discovered an online site with tons of patterns for the Tilda dolls, ya sure Pinterest has tons too by the way.  I'd seriously suggest purchasing a book though so you can feel it up and look at the colour pictures and feel special like you know what you're doing and all.  Ha!  

I did print a pattern from a Pinterest link (not the pattern shown here though).  The pattern will make the doll pretty large.  When I seen these dolls I recall my Grandmother made me a fabric doll when I was about 4 years old.  It had yellow yarn for the hair.  She wasn't a Tilda doll, or a Waldorf doll either for that matter, just a plain white cotton fabric doll that I found to be pretty cute.  I have no clue what happened to that doll over time though.  Had I known better I'd have preserved it.


Anywho, as I was saying before my trip down memory lane, the pattern for the Tilda doll I printed will make her be about two feet high.  I can do it but I want to gather all the tools first.  I just think these dolls have such character.  

No comments: