Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas To All....

 Another Christmas has past us by.  I've been busy as a bee stitching ornaments for the children at church and for friends and family.  I'm down to just a few left that will be delivered by New Year's Day, God willing.  I've still got to make it to the post office to mail a Christmas box for my brother and his family as well as a box to my husbands sister for her family as well.  We were late with the box assembly to get them out in time for Christmas but we have faith that Canada Post's Express Post will get them to their recipients on time for New Years Day.

On Christmas Eve, husband and I got up early to try and avoid the store rush, to no avail I might add!  We ran some last minute errands and then I baked another fruit cake for my eldest sister who had requested two this year!  Later on we relaxed at home prior to attending our church service that evening to sing Christmas hymns and listen to verses from the Bible on the birth of our Lord and Saviour then off to my Mom's place to sit and chat for a while while snacking on egg rolls, chicken nuggets and sausage cocktail weenies that my nephew so enjoys.  All in all, Christmas Eve was pretty nice....and calm.  I also managed to get a nice long walk, in the drizzle rain, during the day.  No complaints, it cleared my mind and felt good.  

I'm not feeling 100% today, and I'm somewhat tired.  It was a very windy day today, rained most of the night disolving most of the snow so travel was easy peasy.  We just had a nice time with my Mom, nephew and two sisters over a small quiet and intimate dinner.  This year we all had pretty much planned on going small and just staying home and relaxing.  Just like the good ole days when Christmas was intimate and not "big" and "overdone".  So many years recentlynwe've had rather large and overwhelming celebeation gatherings but this yer we just wanted to avoid all the drama and It worked out very nice, dinner was delicious, dessert was an ice cream log that was scrumptious.  And now we're home, chillaxing on the sofa and I'm enjoying a nice big cup of hot tea.  

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. 


No comments: