Saturday, January 3, 2015

90 Day Challenge

I have no idea how much weight I gained over the holiday. Ok, that's a lie, I do know how much weight I gained. 

A LOT!

I had two weeks off of work and that translated to two weeks of easy access to all the good stuff like mom's home made Christmas tradition fudge, biscuits, fruit cake, cookies, pies and whatever else I was able to get my hands on.

While most folk have already begun their new weight loss regimens or resolutions as we may also call it, I'm a bit slow to getting to the starting line but I have started.  I just know that once Monday comes and I head back to work, I'll get more results faster, so for now I'm just weaning myself off of all that good food!

The thing about me and work is I tend to eat a lot less and drink a lot more water and tea.  I also have this great habit of exercising.   ... but for some reason all that fell away over the holiday. 

I also don't sleep very well so adding a bed time is also on my list. 

I won't call this a resolution, more like a challenge!  I am challenging myself to get some weight off, get a full 7-9 hour of sleep daily and drink 2 litres of water each day all within the next 90 days.  I'm not talking about a big amount of weight, I'm just talking about not gaining anything, and taking off whatever I can in the next 90 days.  Through the course of the challenge I will set small goals, like the first five, then five more, then five more and so on until the ninety days is complete.

I'm making my own 90 day challenge. 

The only good thing I've done this holiday was continue to log each and every calorie I've eaten on LoseIt app.  I'm accountable for every scrumptious morsel I've munched.   On the app, I've joined in some challenges and joined a few groups to get some motivation and made a few new friends along the way.  And while I'm at it, let me also say I know exactly how much I gained because I've been weighing myself every Sunday and Wednesday and logging the incredibly large number in the app. 

Join me in making your own 90 challenge, be it to lose weight, eat clean, give up added sugar, sleep better.  Challenge yourself for 90 days to make a personal change.... for the better. 



No comments: