Monday, January 12, 2015

Crappy IOS 8

So this past weekend I took it upon myself to update the software on my ipad simply because some of the apps I needed to update were no longer compatible with version 6, they stated I needed to update my ios to version 7.  I plugged the ipad into my laptop and then was told I also needed to update the version of iTunes.  So I did that too then continued to update the ipad which now was up to version 8 not version 7.  I guess I need to downgrade now!

I can't believe Apple put out such a sorry piece of software!  Steve Jobs would be so disappointed at this.  I tried to reset the ipad back to factory but forgot how Apple holds us hostage by deleting or restoring only the contacts and settings but NOT the software!  I have an ipad mini and an ipod touch.  I regretfully updated the ipod two years ago and never will I ever update anything again since on that gadget I only listen to music or audiobooks and ya, I use the clock timer when I'm baking or when we go on vacation as an alarm clock!  But now my poor ipad is stuck with this crappy ass software and I am so annoyed.  It even updated all of my apps which I had no intention of doing and the stupid notification on the app store keeps telling me I have 10 updates waiting ... ITS A LIE, I HAVE NONE! so ya, I'm real cranky now. 

So I checked out a few of my apps now that they've been updated without my permission.... the loseit app is confusing, so it's going to take a bit of figuring out.  The Nextissue app tried to fix themselves like Zinio, I giggled at that, but their selection is still minimal compared to Zinio.  I have to use it more to see if I really like it.  I still don't like how they give the Spanish version of People magazine on the basic account but the English version is on the premium account!  Crooks!!

I'm really pissed off.

No comments: