Friday, March 27, 2015

Twinings Tea: Pure Peppermint

I picked up a box of Twinings Pure Peppermint tea and when I compare it to the Celestial Seasonings brand that I usually purchase, I must say, Twinings wins! 

Why?  Well, because the bag in individually wrapped.  They are very nicely sealed and it keeps the flavour in the bag.  The Celestial Seasonings is not individaully wrapped, rather they have 20 bags (two bags stuck together in a pile of ten) wrapped together in wax paper/bag inside the box.  If you do not re-roll that bag after taking out some tea, then the mint scent escapes and the tea loses its flavour.

Now comes my problem... and my solution!   The problem with Twinings tea is that the grocery store just jacked up the price to $5.19 a box of 20.  The selection grew but so did the price.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Anyway, the tea is also available on Amazon and with free shipping on orders of $25 I can pick up a few flavours and not have to worry about the shipping! 

See, the brain games helped my brain figure that one out! 

No comments: