Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A New Series

Meanwhile, every woman everywhere is tuned in to the television adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.... all except me. I just started reading the book... audiobook version I should mention.   

It's always difficult for me to begin a new book once I've completed one.  It's like I'm still living in the previous book getting myself all annoyed over make believe and fussing about whether or not the end of the book was good enough.  Or just sad that it's over and there's just no more.   Even worse, when the book is part of a series and you get to the last book and it sort of hangs making you wonder if there's more to come or is it just the end.  That happened to me last year when I finished The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward and had to wait a few months for the final book to be published.  Problem is I'm still creeping through that book because I find it slow and annoying but it will bring closure to some of the characters so I'm going to get through it eventually.

Most recently I completed the third book in the Night Prince  series by Jeaniene Frost.  Three books: I read the first two last year, very good books I might add, and the last one came out in March of this year and I pounced on it.  It was ok, not as great as book two but it left me wondering when or if there will be another installment.  

I was annoyed that I had come to the end of the series and it took me some time to find another book series.   So I tried the Outlander series again.  I had attempted to read it last fall but couldn't get past the first chapter for some reason I wasn't patient enough to allow the setting to be created but now I'm on chapter 9 and I'm so happy just knowing there's more books to read in the series once I'm done this first one and yes I have all of them in audiobook form already loaded onto my ipod... I'm giddy with excitement!  Aside from knowing that it's been made into a television series, the book itself is very well written and I'm enjoying the way the narrator is reading it.

I did watch one episode of the Outlander television series over the weekend and it's a part that I haven't gotten to in the book yet.  Apparently according to the internet, and you know we can believe everything we read online because it's the internet right, HA!.... well, anyway, the first season is based on the first book in the series, and it's been picked up for a second season which is to be based on the second book.  I better get cracking.  I admit though, I've been sneaking peeks at youtube videos to see some of the scenes from the book in live action. 

No comments: