Sunday, May 24, 2015

Liquid Leafy Greens

I did it.  I made that tropical green smoothie and I must say, the pineapple did cut the grassy spinach taste.  It did taste tropical.  I need buy some tiny drink umbrellas to put in my next one.  Drinking it made me feel like I was back in the southern caribbean on a cruise or something... Ok maybe not but it was pretty good. 

My old school blender was happy to be put to use again.  I'll probably make another one tomorrow.  I didn't have frozen pineapple so I just bought canned pineapple chunks.  I can freeze them in an ice cube tray along with some of the juice it's packed in do I won't need to add two ice cubes like I did today.  

I was a bit afraid to drink it being as it had lots of green leafies and coconut almond milk that I've never tasted.  And yes, my obsession with mason jars still stands. 


No comments: