Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Germophobia

I've been told that I'm a germophobe.  

I was chatting with a friend the other day and when I cringed at a total stranger who walked passed us, turned his head and coughed without covering his mouth because one hand was in his pocket and the other hand was holding the cell phone in front of his face....

My friend came right out and said it to me.  She said she notices that I'm always using hand sanitizer and always giving people dirty looks when they don't cover their mouths when they cough.  That in the winter I pull my scarf up over my nose when I ride the bus to avoid folks coughing or yawning without covering their mouths.  

Hey, there's so many nasty germs out there and I can't help if I don't want to catch some airborne virus from some genius who can't take his hand out of his pocket long enough to cover his mouth!  And don't even get me started on when I see folks exit the washroom so quickly that you know right off that there was no hand washing involved.  

No comments: