Sunday, June 28, 2015

Show Me The Calendar

So here's a good idea that I really aught to follow.  It's tracking my exercise on a calendar nice and big and visible.  See, what I've been doing is tracking it on my calendar on my ipad so it's not really visible because it's in an app on the mobile device that I only usually use to play Candy Crush on or surf the gram.

I need the visual so I hunted out my big black sharpie marker pen and hung it on a string next to the calendar in the kitchen.  Hopefully the marker won't go through the page and mess up my paint.  Ha!  But seriously, why haven't I thought of this before?  For all the months I've been logging my food calories and exercise burns on the loseit app and also logging the exercise on the pumping weight app I just never thought to have it more plainly visible to me.  If I see this every day... and I will because the calendar is hung right next to my coffee pot... I will see when I last exercised and what type of exercise I actually did.  I really want to get back to jogging 5km a day at least 3 times a week and of course never missing a Monday but the problem is if I don't see it up close smack in my face then I tend to procrastinate and say, ah, I'll go tomorrow or I'll just walk to work.  Walking to work is a nice added bonus on top of the 5km jog but as a stand alone workout, it just doesn't cut it.  

I need to step up to the plate so thank you to notsofit321 (click the name to view her instagram) for sticking the calendar idea in my face!!!  Ya, I've started following this lady on the gram too because I need all the help and motivation I can get.  

No comments: