Thursday, June 11, 2015

Smoothie Smooth

As much as I tried to continue on with the green smoothies, I really honestly don't like them.  I have no problem schlepping out my big old school ghetto retro blender and compiling all the ingredients inside and listening to the deafening sound as it mixes everything together.  I do have a problem with how the darn thing tastes.  I'm sorry but no matter how much pineapple I add, I can still taste the spinach and kale.  I think I'll continue to get my fiber from Shredded Wheat, Shreddies and Quaker Oatmeal.

Having said all that.... I will not completely give up smoothies altogether!  Nope.  I do enjoy throwing a banana, some frozen berries, and some almond milk with ice cubes into the ghetto blender.  I pour that baby into a mason jar and sip it nicely.  I really do need to buy some dink umbrellas to adorn my jar!  ha!   


I've tasted a few boxed smoothies and I don't really have an opinion on them as yet.  I guess I need to drink them more often to decide if its something I can get with though they do make some pretty tasty ones for those "I'm in a hurry" days.

No comments: